check_by_ssh with password
I know, I know…bad! bad! BAD!
Sometime though, you just can’t do things the proper method. In my case, the reasons I am using the improper method are:
- Only running one check on server(check_zpool) so installing NRPE seems a bit overkill
- Getting NRPE to run on Freenas takes a bit of magic. There is the potential to cause issues as well.
- It is only on my personal network 🙂
- Can’t setup the ssh keys on freenas, so have to use password.
- Create a script(Example here: check_freenas)
sshpass -p $1 ssh $2@$4 $3
- Command definition
$USER1$/check_freenas $ARG1$ $ARG2$ $ARG3$ $HOSTADDRESS$
- ARG1=Password, ARG2=User, ARG3=command to run
- Make sure sshpass is installed on the Nagios server.