Well, I’m in Chicago for my first week of work and I have now looked at both of my top two choices for apartments to rent. Much harder decision then I thought it was going to be, so let me list pros and cons to both places and get some input.
|Location 1||Location 2|
|Kitchen||Fully Upgraded / Hardwood floors||Not upgraded and old appliances|
|Misc||New front load W/D||Old W/D|
|Distance||1 Mile / 5 Mins||7 Miles / 20 Mins|
- Location 2 is walking distance to a movie theater/grill combo, whole foods and strip mall area but still far enough away no noise from that area. Other than that, in the middle of nowhere
- Location 1 is in the middle of everything.
- Both locations have 2 pools and clubhouse with gym.
- Location two has sand volleyball courts and tennis courts(not like I’ll use them, but still)
- Location 2 is top floor(2nd) and steps only
- Location 1 is top floor(3rd) with elevator
- Location 1 has available heated underground parking($60/month)
- Location 1 does not allow a grill on balcony(City law actually) but does have community grills