I started building the diorama a few months back. I purchased some foam board and printed some corner pieces to hold it all together. Here is the dry fit:
I then adjusted the corner pieces(printed 3 more copies) and started to assemble. I also printed some sheets of bricks to see how at would start to look.
I continued to brick the inside and outside walls of all but the front piece. I also staged some accessories I purchased from ebay as well as some grass around the building.
I then put the front on and after a year, I finally got to put my garage doors together!
After that, I had to decide how to create the asphalt. I decided on black paint mixed with some very fine crafting sand. I painted that on and then parking space lines.
I had some models of men I had to put together and paint. I also created internal walls for a bathroom and printed a bunch of bathroom items.
I started gluing some of the accessories down. I also cut plastic and inserted into the garage door panels. Here are some pictures of the diorama as of the time of this post. And some pictures of the fence I will put around the dumpster once I stain them.
Here is a list of everything I printed:
- Garage doors
- Parking spot stoppers
- Gutter and downspouts
- Wall corners(outside and bathroom walls)
- Bathroom items(ALL)
- Customer service counter
You must be logged in to post a comment.